Wednesday, August 7, 2024

What Have You Done?- Shari Lapena

I always pick up Shari Lapena's new book without reading the flyleaf - I just know it will be another great read And that was true with What Have You Done?

Fairhill Vermont is the small town the book takes place in. It's small enough that people don't lock their doors. Right up to the day the most popular girl in school was found dead in a farmer's field.

And trusting Fairhill inhabitants start looking at their neighbours with different eyes.

I really liked how Lapena unfolded the path to the final answers. Certain characters are given their own voices/chapters. Some of them will surprise you. And you'll be surprised with some of the connection. Is there enough information there for the reader to make a decision on the who and the why? Well, I made decisions - but got it wrong. Which I enjoyed! I read a lot of murder mysteries and this was a fantastic entry that kept me reading until late in the night. 

No comments: