Thursday, August 29, 2024

This is Why We Lied - Karin Slaughter

Karin Slaughter is hands down one of my favorite authors. I get so excited when a new book comes out. This is Why We Lied has just released and is the latest in the Will Trent series.

Will and Sara are taking some time off up at an off the grid mountain resort run by a family. There is a lot of friction within the family. And then there's a scream in the night. And Will and Sara have to switch to work mode...

Oh my gosh! I truly could not put the book down. Slaughter has come up with a truly gut wrenching plot. Everyone lies and Will has to figure who is behind the murders. I always appreciate a 'closed room' scenario. The trip to the final pages has surprises, red herring's and twists and turns. There's no way to figure out the whodunit before the last pages.

I really like the four main characters in this series. Slaughter keeps their personal lives moving forward. Will and Sara relation is well written. Amanda's hard as nailing personality that runs over anything in her way or telling her no. Faith is funny, I aways enjoyed her out look.

While I couldn't stop reading, sometimes had to wait to turn the page. Some of the characters had me talking out loud - telling what I thought of them. And it wasn't nice. 

Another excellent entry in this series. Can't wait for the next one! Gentle readers - there are a number of triggers. Read an excerpt of This is Why We Lied.

 

3 comments:

Mystica said...

Going on my TBR

Kay said...

This is one of my favorite series ever. Looking forward to reading this new entry to the series. And, yes, I agree that there are portions of Karin Slaughter's writing that will not appeal to everyone. It is violent.

Luanne said...

Yep it is for sure!