Monday, December 22, 2008

'Tis the Season - Lorna Landvik


I usually stockpile a few Christmas books to read at this time of the season. None of them are heavy or deep or particularly long, but are perfect for an hour or two of escapist, feel good reading.

Lorna Landvik's best known novel is Angry Housewives Eating Bon Bons chosen by many a book club. It's on my bookshelf, but I haven't read it yet.

'Tis the Season is written in a series of emails and gossip column articles. Rich girl Caroline Dixon's drinking is out of control and the gossip rags are having a field day with it. Can she find her way and who will help her? Totally cheesy but perfect for a couple of hours on a snowy day.

Anyone else have one to add?

6 comments:

Kaye said...

A light easy cheesy Christmas read if you like cozy mysteries is Kissing Christmas Goodbye by M.C.Beaton. I read Angry Housewives Eating Bonbons and liked it. I also read her book Patty Ann's House of Curl. Brain fluff but still likeable. Have a happy holiday.

Anna said...

I don't really read too many Christmas books. I might have to check out 'Tis the Season since I absolutely loved Angry Housewives Eating Bonbons.

--Anna
Diary of an Eccentric

Michele said...

I think next year I'm going to try stocking up on a couple Christmas novels. I've never done it before, but after reading all these reviews, the prospect is attractive!

Wrighty said...

Oh, I can't wait to read this one! I loved the Angry Housewives book and hadn't heard about this one. Thanks! I adore Christmas books - cheesy, sappy, sweet, tearjerkers, I'll read them all. Janet Evanovich's Vision of Sugar Plums is a screwball comedy but it's fun. I always look for the new ones from the library every year. Debbie Macomber, Mary Higgens Clark, Donna Vanlierre all have great holiday stories.

Jo-Jo said...

Now if you haven't guessed...Lorna Landvik is one of my favorite authors. Our group is planning on reading Tis the Season next year for Christmas. We are also planning on reading The View from Mount Joy in a couple of months. I'm glad you enjoyed this one!

Lavender Wool said...

We love all Lora's books and actually have recommended one of her's on our website:

www.lavenderwool.com