Wednesday, December 24, 2008

The Spy Who came for Christmas - David Morrell


David Morrell is best know for thriller/suspense writing. He created the Rambo character and is the co founder of the International Thriller Writers Organization. Creepers and Scavenger were New York Times bestsellers.
Look closely at the cover - that is a hand holding a gun inside a Christmas ornament. Paul Kagan is an undercover agent for the US government. He has infiltrated the Russian mob and has become a trusted member. Their latest job involves kidnapping a baby. This baby is the son of a world leader who advocates peace. Kagan foils the kidnapping, takes the baby himself and goes on the run. He finds shelter at a home with a woman and her son - the bad guys hot on his heels. Kagan relates "the spy's version of Christmas" to the woman's son.
Lots of big name endorsements on the back cover. Myself - I found it to be another easy cheesy Christmas read - and the last one this year!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank goodness I am not the only one...lol! I stopped reading it. I just couldn't hang. I enjoyed CREEPERS and even though the sequel had a few holes, I enjoyed it. This one, well, I couldn't warm up to. :(

Felt bad about that.

Wrighty said...

I'm reading this one right now. I found it at the library and it looked like a quick read for the holidays. I haven't read very far yet so I don't know if I'm going to like it or not. Sorry to hear you didn't like it J Kaye. I stop too if I don't enjoy a story. There are too many good books waiting out there! Happy holidays!!

Ladytink_534 said...

I read Creepers a few years ago and really liked it but never got around to picking up another book by him :(