Friday, October 23, 2020

You Can't Judge A Book By Its Cover #335

- You can't judge a book by its cover - which is very true. 
 But you can like one cover version better than another...

US cover
UK cover
I pretty much read anything Harlan Coben writes. His original series was the Myron Bolitar books. And Myron's sidekick is Windsor Horne Lockwood III, also known as Win. Coben has slowly added details about this character in each new book. And I was thrilled to see that he will be the star at last. Win releases in March on both sides of the pond. The US cover is on the left and the UK cover is on the right. Okay.....The colors on the US cover are certainly eye-catching. I like not having a face and just a back view - keeps the mystery of the character alive. The blood spatter is a nice touch. It does remind me a bit of Dexter. The orange of the font for the author's name is what the eye is drawn to first on the UK cover and then the book's name. I liked the tagline - "If you lose you die" So you better "Win". The ominous gates are a grabber, as is that dark sky. What's he going to find down the path.
I'm torn this week - I do like both, but in the end I'll go with the UK cover. What about you? Which cover do you prefer? Any plans to read Win?
You Can't Judge A Book By Its Cover is a regular feature at A Bookworm's World.

2 comments:

Icewineanne said...

UK wins it for me! Love the colour they used for the author’s name, and the gates opening into a foggy mist. Perfect for Hallowe’en.
Happy Reading!

Luanne said...

UK takes it this week!