Friday, July 7, 2017

You Can't Judge A Book By Its Cover #166

- You can't judge a book by its cover - which is very true.
 But you can like one cover version better than another....

US and Canadian cover
UK cover
I adore Flavia de Luce! I was so excited when I saw that Alan
Bradley was releasing the ninth book - The Grave's a Fine and Private Place - in this delightful series! And then I looked at the date.....early 2018. Oh well, it will be worth the wait. The Canadian and US cover is on the left and the UK cover is on the right. Both covers incorporate the same colour tones and travelling on a waterway. But it's an easy choice for me this week - the Canadian/US cover. The skeleton and this look has been used on all previous eight covers and I associate it with this series. What about you? Are you a Flavia de Luce fan? Which cover do you prefer? You Can't Judge A Book By Its Cover is a regular feature at A Bookworm's World.

4 comments:

bermudaonion said...

I like the continuity of the series of the US cover but prefer the UK cover.

Mystica said...

Brought back memories of poetry in my final year at school!

Icewineanne said...

I agree with Bermuda onion, I just love the artwork on the UK cover. I'm really torn but because the series has always used the skeleton in Canada, I guess I'll go with that. And like you, Luanne, I am so thrilled there's another Flavia mystery coming out. Just love her! Really hope that the release date is in Jan or early Feb, perfect for chasing the winter blues away :)

holdenj said...

Yes, I am a Flavia fan too! I agree about the US cover following the series better for me, but the UK cover does have a dreamy, more adventuresome quality.