Thursday, April 27, 2017

You Can't Judge A Book By Its Cover #156

- You can't judge a book by its cover - which is very true.
 But you can like one cover version better than another....

US cover
Canadian cover.
I've always enjoyed Jo Nesbo's gritty crime novels, especially the Harry Hole series. The newest entry is The Thirst. The US cover is on the left and the Canadian cover is on the right. This week is interesting in that the picture is the same, but the font colour, placement and the taglines are the differences. I find myself drawn more to the Canadian cover this week. The red seems to promise a dangerous read. And I wonder about the pattern in the words The Thirst. So Canadian cover for me this week. Which cover do you prefer? Any plans to read The Thirst? You Can't Judge A Book By Its Cover is a regular feature at A Bookworm's World.

3 comments:

bermudaonion said...

I like the Canadian cover too - I like the letters of the title.

Janice J. Richardson said...

I look forward to "You Can't Judge A Book By Its Cover". I usually pick the 'other one', which tells me asking for input might be a good idea. Good lesson for indies. :)

Icewineanne said...

Texture on Canadian cover rocks!