Friday, April 7, 2017

You Can't Judge A Book By Its Cover #153

- You can't judge a book by its cover - which is very true.
 But you can like one cover version better than another....

US cover
UK cover
Mark Billingham writes one of my favorite crime series -the Tom Thorne books. This latest - Love Like Blood - will release in June on both sides of the pond and is on my must read list. The US cover is on the left and the UK cover is on the right. I'm not a fan of the US cover at all. The sense I get from it is more espionage or political thriller - both of which I don't enjoy. The UK cover seems to say 'crime.' I'm not sure what that is laying on the path and the one lit window is making a point of some kind. So, easy for me this week - UK. Which cover do you prefer? Have you read Mark Billingham? You Can't Judge A Book By Its Cover is a regular feature at A Bookworm's World.

1 comment:

bermudaonion said...

I like the UK cover better too. I don't like the way they did the title and author's name on the US cover.