Friday, April 21, 2017

You Can't Judge A Book By Its Cover #155

- You can't judge a book by its cover - which is very true.
 But you can like one cover version better than another....

US cover
UK cover
The cover blurb from Ruth Ware on both US and UK covers was enough to convince me to put Erin Kelly's forthcoming novel, He Said, She Said, on my to read list. The US cover is on the left and the UK cover is on the right. At first glance the covers appear to be almost the same. And they are - except the US cover has a starry background on the blue part of the picture. The UK cover has a shot of a path/ground area. There's a hint of a burning page on the US cover, but the UK is 'hotter' with flames and smoke. But here's what tilted my decision to the US cover this week. There's a hint of a woman on the US cover,  but the UK is not so shy . We've got a full image of the back of a woman. Surprise! And I am tired of women in danger or dangerous women photos. Which cover do you prefer? Any plans to read He Said, She Said? You Can't Judge A Book By Its Cover is a regular feature at A Bookworm's World.

1 comment:

bermudaonion said...

I don't think either cover's great but I think I prefer the US cover.