Thursday, March 9, 2023

Lessons at the School by the Sea - Jenny Colgan

Lessons at the School by the Sea is the third entry in Jenny Colgan's School by the Sea series. 

Now, a lot of times you can read a series book as a standalone, but I highly recommend you go back and read the first two in this series. They're great reads as well - and you'll what lead to the opening pages. 

Jenny Colgan is one of my favorite authors. Her characters are warm and welcoming and I always feel like I'm catching up with old friends when I pick up the newest book. This latest opens within a minute of the ending of book two. 

Maggie Adair is the English teacher at a girl's boarding school. She's on the train, headed home for her wedding. But....yes, there's a but and the fallout from her decision will affect others as well. 

What's unique about this series is that it has myriad plot lines that include Maggie's teen students, the staff, families and more. Their worries, concerns, troubles, joys, successes and more are all relevant and real. I've become quite invested in their lives. 

The ending is satisfying, and I love that the door is open for the next entry. Colgan says there will be six books in this series. I'll be waiting! See for yourself - read an excerpt of Lessons at the School by the Sea.

2 comments:

Mystica said...

An author I’ve not been able to track down yet. Thanks for the review

Luanne said...

Oh, I hope you can find some of her books Mystica! I think you'd really enjoy them.