Friday, November 22, 2019

You Can't Judge A Book By Its Cover #290

- You can't judge a book by its cover - which is very true. 
 But you can like one cover version better than another...

US cover
UK cover
I always enjoy browsing 'coming soon' lists and have added a number of them to my ever teetering TBR pile.Graham Moore's forthcoming book, The Holdout is one of those. The US cover is on the left and the UK cover is on the right.To give some perspective, the holdout is a juror. So, both images are a good match for the plot - a single wooden chair and figures tumbling, but hitting the holdout and stopping. Two different colour schemes, but both very bold. Both catch the eye, but the red seems to draw me more. The UK cover gives the prospective reader an idea about what will be found inside and also features a cover blurb from a 'big name' author. I like both, but find the cleaner look of the US cover more appealing. And I like the looking down perspective. The UK cover just seems a bit busy. So, US for me this week. Any plans to read The Holdout? Which cover do you prefer?
You Can't Judge A Book By Its Cover is a regular feature at A Bookworm's World.

2 comments:

bermudaonion said...

The UK cover kind of looks like a kids' book to me so I vote for the US cover too.

Luanne said...

US for the win this week.