Friday, May 31, 2019

You Can't Judge A Book By Its Cover #265

- You can't judge a book by its cover - which is very true. 
 But you can like one cover version better than another....

US book
UK cover
Karin Slaughter fans! The ninth book in the Will Trent series - The Last Widow - releases in August in NA and in June in the UK. A must read for me! The US cover is on the left and the UK cover is on the right. Okay, both images suggest 'woman in peril'. The jagged glass (or prism?) and the somewhat worried look of the woman on the US cover And the running woman on the UK cover. As much as I don't like women's faces on covers I find myself more drawn to the US cover. I just feel like I've seen the UK cover many times before. So, it's an easy choice for the US cover for me this week. What about you? 
Which cover do you prefer? 
Any plans to read The Last Widow?
You Can't Judge A Book By Its Cover is a regular feature at A Bookworm's World.

3 comments:

Icewineanne said...

Not a fan of either but between the two, the US cover is preferable. UK cover is really nothing special.
Haven’t read any of this series. I was going to give it a try but picked up a couple of Slaughter’s standalones instead and that was enough for me. I found them much too dark, and gruesome with over-the-top graphic violence.

Ethan said...

I think I prefer the US version too. The UK one seems too generic. I just got back from a trip to London where I became even more aware of the difference in publication tactics. I was surprised to see so many recent publications in paperback already. Naturally, I purchased several of them :)

Luanne said...

US cover takes it this week!

Icewineanne - I agree that there is quite a bit of violence in her later books. It is the series that I really like and I think this latest goes back to that.

Ethan- well, number one I'm jealous of your trip! I wonder if they go to pb faster than NA?