Friday, May 10, 2019

You Can't Judge A Book By Its Cover #262

- You can't judge a book by its cover - which is very true.
 But you can like one cover version better than another....

US cover
UK cover
Michael Robotham has a new novel - Good Girl Bad Girl -
coming out in July on both sides of the pond. The US cover is on the left and the UK cover is on the right. We've got the back of a woman on both covers. Two different tones - I think I prefer the darker look on the US cover. The pink font for the author's name is a bit of a surprise, but really stands out on the dark colours. Stephen King adds a nice blurb to the US cover. And the duality of the picture suits the title and plot. One funny detail - there's no comma on the UK title. Hmm, can you tell which one I'm leaning towards this week? I find the UK cover just a bit bland. A tagline gives the browser a bit more of an idea what they might find within. Again, there is that duality with the reflection. But, I would pick up the US cover first. No matter the cover, I'll be reading this latest. What about you? Which cover do you prefer? Any plans to read Good Girl, Bad Girl?
You Can't Judge A Book By Its Cover is a regular feature at A Bookworm's World.

4 comments:

bermudaonion said...

I like different things about both covers but think I prefer the US cover too.

Kay said...

Yes, I'd pick the US cover. I will say that I am a bit weary of the woman walking away theme on covers. Love this author's books though.

Icewineanne said...

Well I’m the oddball this week, I prefer the UK cover. The fewer females on covers, the better and I prefer the tag line over King’s blurb. Also I find the comma on the US cover a bit odd.
That said.... I’ll definitely be reading this one!
Cheers :)

Luanne said...

US for the win, but a win for everyone who reads it!