Friday, May 3, 2019

You Can't Judge A Book By Its Cover #261

- You can't judge a book by its cover - which is very true.
 But you can like one cover version better than another....

US cover
UK cover
Mark Billingham pens a favourite series of mine - the DI Tom Thorne novels. The 16th in the series is Their Little Secret -already released across the pond and out in June in North America. The US cover is on the left and the UK cover is on the right. The US cover follows a style used in the last few books with the title and author's name on a zig zag angle. The two figures could possibly be Thorne and his sidekick Nicola Tanner. And I'm guessing that's a hopscotch game. but looking at the book's descriptor I'm not sure how that's going to figure in. The UK image of an open window with curtains gently blowing seems like an image I've seen before. Which side is the danger on? In or out? I'm not a fan of the zig zag (and it kind of blends all the titles together with that look. Although it's branding I guess.) Neither are really stand outs for me this week, but I'm going to go with the UK cover. What about you? And plans to read Their Little Secret? Which cover do you prefer?
You Can't Judge A Book By Its Cover is a regular feature at A Bookworm's World.

4 comments:

Dianna said...

The UK cover gets my vote.

Luanne said...

Two for the UK so far...

Icewineanne said...

Make that 3 for the UK cover :)
Our mystery book club is reading the 1st one in this series, Sleepyhead, in October. Really looking forward to beginning this series as it has received excellent reviews. Hopefully I’ll enjoy it as much as other people do!

Luanne said...

Icewineanne - I love that your book club has chosen this series - it really is a good characters. And I hope you enjoy it as well!