Friday, February 22, 2019

You Can't Judge A Book By Its Cover #251

- You can't judge a book by its cover - which is very true. 
 But you can like one cover version better than another....

US cover
UK cover
The sister writing duo of Liv Constantine returns with a new book entitled The Last Time I Saw You. It releases in May on both sides of the pond. The US cover is on the left and the UK cover is on the right. Okay, so - two very different looks for this title. I have to admit, right off the start, I'm not a fan of the woman in the window image on the UK cover. The all blue background with yellow font for the title is effective - it stands out. I do like the simpler look of the US cover this week. The serpentine strand of jewels seem somewhat ominous and dangerous. The red color used also denotes danger. An easy choice for me this week - US. What about you? Which cover do you prefer? Any plans to read The Last Time I Saw You?
You Can't Judge A Book By Its Cover is a regular feature at A Bookworm's World.

7 comments:

book-shelved said...

I actually like the woman cover. It's suggestive of something. The red one doesn't give me anything

bermudaonion said...

I didn't realize that sisters wrote these books. I'm not crazy about either cover.

Kay said...

I'm with you - I like the US cover. The UK cover looks very similar to a lot of others these days. And I didn't know the author was two sisters either. :-)

Icewineanne said...

UK cover wins it for me. Dislike the maroon plain US cover. I love the colours of the UK cover & the living room setting, even if I’m not overly fond of the woman in the window. Met these authors at Bouchercon in Toronto. They were so charming & gave us signed copies of their 1st book which I have yet to read.......hopefully this year ;-)

Dianna said...

I don't like the US red cover with pearls; it looks like a romance novel.
The UK cover with the woman at the window is kind of an overused scene right now, but I still like it better.

Mystica said...

I'm not crazy about either cover but prefer the red one.

Luanne said...

A mixed bag this week - we'll have to see what the inside delivers!