Friday, February 15, 2019

You Can't Judge A Book By Its Cover #250

- You can't judge a book by its cover - which is very true. 
 But you can like one cover version better than another....

US cover
US cover
I was intrigued by this description of A Boy and His Dog at the End of the World by C.A. Fletcher...."When a beloved family dog
is stolen, her owner sets out on a life-changing journey through the ruins of our world to bring her back in this fiercely compelling tale of survival, courage, and hope. Perfect for readers of Station Eleven and The Girl With All the Gifts." Yup, added to the ever teetering TBR list. The US cover is on the left and the UK cover is on the right. On first glance, we have two very similar covers. Differences? First off I noticed that the dog is alone on the US cover and the UK cover has both boy and dog. The gold tones while slightly darker at the top on the UK cover, are very similar. Two different fonts used. The UK font seems more suitable to an apocalyptic world.  The US font has that dangerous red around the edges. The interior of the cave (?) is black on the US cover and bit lighter on the UK cover. Hmm, I think I prefer the UK cover this week. Which cover do you prefer? 
Any plans to read A Boy and His Dog at the End of the World?
You Can't Judge A Book By Its Cover is a regular feature at A Bookworm's World.

4 comments:

bermudaonion said...

I like the UK cover better, too. There's more contrast in the colors and I like that the boy is pictured as well as the dog.

Luanne said...

Bermudaonion - I know, why name it a boy and his dog....and then not picture the two of them?

Dianna said...

I'm not in love with either cover. :/

Luanne said...

Dianna- there's always that choice too! I am intrigued by the story - I love apocalyptic and dystopian tales.