Friday, November 30, 2018

You Can't Judge A Book By Its Cover #239

- You can't judge a book by its cover - which is very true. 
But you can like one cover version better than another....

US cover
UK cover
The Swedish writing duo that are Lars Kepler write the Joona Linna series. I've enjoyed the first four and the fifth (already released in Europe) arrives in NA at the top of next year. The US cover is on the left an the UK cover is on the right. Both convey a sense of danger. The person in a raincoat image is surprisingly frightening. Someone staring in at a woman - but it's hard to tell if she's looking out or its her back we're seeing. The UK's image of the deserted cellar room and the cross is creepy. I like the slash across the title on the UK cover. And as always, the tag line on the UK cover gives us a bit more about what we'll find inside. Hmm, both good covers this week, but I'm going to go with the US cove this week. What about you? Which cover do you prefer? Any plans to read Stalker?
You Can't Judge A Book By Its Cover is a regular feature at A Bookworm's World.

4 comments:

bermudaonion said...

I think I like the UK cover better but I don't really know why.

Luanne said...

Sometimes it's just a feeling of being drawn to a cover with no explanation!

Icewineanne said...

Rats, missed this posting. For some reason it ended up in my spam email. Not the first time, it’s very odd.
As for the covers, I’m a little too late but I would have picked the UK cover - like the spooky image of the basement or cellar. The US is far too creepy for me......I would have to keep it face down on the table LOL

Luanne said...

Icewinanne - they're both creepy - and I'm sure the story will be as well!