Friday, May 20, 2016

You Can't Judge A Book By Its Cover #106

- You can't judge a book by its cover - which is very true. 
 But you can like one cover version better than another....

US cover
UK cover
I thought Ruth Ware's debut novel, In a Dark, Dark Wood was fantastic. And I see she has a new one, The Woman in Cabin 10, coming out in the next few months. The US cover is on the left and the UK cover is on the right. I think I'm drawn more the US cover this week. Obviously it's on a ship, but I like the way the letters are smeared and kind of dripping. The UK cover also tells us it's on a ship and the tagline gives us a bit more. And it's clever how the woman is almost in a bullseye with the zero. But, I'm going with US this week. What about you? Which cover do you prefer?
Any plans to read The Woman in Cabin 10?
You Can't Judge A Book By Its Cover is a regular feature at A Bookworm's World.

4 comments:

bermudaonion said...

The US cover for sure!

Marce said...

I agree US cover. I forgot about Dark Dark Wood, I want to read that one.

Jennifer Tar Heel Reader said...

I love the US cover this week, too. I am definitely interested in reading this book, and I have A Dark, Dark Wood here to read, too, with its beautiful cover.

Icewineanne said...

This is another one of those where i wish they could take elements of each cover, such as the picture from the US cover with the UK tagline. The lettering on both books is too big (my complaint of most covers), they obscure the terrific drawings. But i love the rain on the US cover, so that's also the winner for me this week. Can't wait to read this :-)