Friday, May 13, 2016

You Can't Judge A Book By Its Cover #105

- You can't judge a book by its cover - which is very true. 
But you can like one cover version better than another....

US cover
UK cover
Susie Steiner's newest novel, Missing, Presumed is the first in a new series. It's a crime thriller, so it is right up my alley! The US cover is on the left and the UK cover is on the right. Two very different covers this week. Having read the synopsis, I'm going to go with the UK cover this week. The cover shot suits a crime novel, the font used for the title is bold and the tagline gives you a further clue. The US cover shot doesn't hint at a crime novel at all. At first glance, I would think family drama were it not for the title. What about you? What cover do you prefer?
Any plans to read Missing, Presumed?
You Can't Judge A Book By Its Cover is a regular feature at A Bookworm's World

2 comments:

Bookworm said...

The US cover makes me think of loneliness and has a hint of mystery, but is also kind of clichéd. The UK cover is more atmospheric, though I'm not that fond of covers with actual photos on them.

Icewineanne said...

The UK cover for sure. They're saying that this is a literary thriller in the style of Tana French or Kate Atkinson, two of my favorites, so this is a must-read for me. Just placed a hold on it at my local library. They have 30 copies on order with 25 holds so I'll be one of the 1st readers - yeay!!!