Thursday, May 5, 2016

You Can't Judge A Book By Its Cover #104

- You can't judge a book by its cover - which is very true. 
 But you can like one cover version better than another....

US cover
UK cover
Oh, I am looking forward to Mark Billingham's newest release - Die of Shame! He's a brilliant crime/mystery author I highly recommend. The US cover is on the left and the UK cover is on the right. A circle of chairs is used on both covers (and is an integral part of the plot) But the US has empty chairs and the point of view is above while the UK has the chairs filled with a blurry look and a side view.  For me this week, it's the US cover. What about you? Any plans to read Die of Shame? Which cover do you prefer? You Can't Judge A Book By Its Cover is a regular feature at A Bookworm's World.

2 comments:

bermudaonion said...

I like both of them.

Jennifer Tar Heel Reader said...

I think the empty chair view on the US cover is more ominous. Both are pretty appealing though.