Thursday, May 26, 2016

Over the Counter #316

What books caught my eye this week as it passed over the library counter and under my scanner? The cat in the hat? No, this week its the hat on the cat....

First up is Tiny Hats on Cats: Because Every Cat Deserves to Feel Fancy by Adam Ellis.

From Grand Central Publishing:

"A fun and creative book for cat lovers, crafters, and pop-culture devotees alike. Following the success of recent bestsellers like Grumpy Cat and How to Tell if Your Cat is Plotting to Kill You, Tiny Hats on Cats combines adorable photos of cats with author Adam Ellis's hilarious anecdotes, but also has a fun DIY element: Readers will learn how to craft colorful and creative feline headgear from the book's step-by-step instructions. With a portable trim size and a beautifully designed interior, Tiny Hats on Cats is the perfect gift for every animal lover or for any reader who wants their cat to feel just a little more fancy."

Or how about Cats in Hats: 30 Knit and Crochet Hat Patterns for Your Kitty by Sara Thomas.

From Running Press:

"Deck your cats out in hats that suit their many personalities! With The Punk Mohawk for edgier cats, The Unicorn for cats who are having identity issues, and The Cat in the Hat for any cat that loves great literature, there is a pattern in this book for every feline friend in your home. Complete with a breakdown of skill level and method of working (knit or crochet), suggestions for yarns, and written patterns and charts where necessary, you’ll be able to whip up amazing headwear, whatever your cat’s character. With the adorable color photos and helpful illustrations throughout, these hat patterns will be both exciting and easy to create. It’s fun, it’s addictive, and it’s deliciously purr-fect from start to finish!"

(Over the Counter is a regular feature at A Bookworm's World. I've sadly come the realization that I cannot physically read every book that catches my interest as it crosses over my counter at the library. But... I can mention them and maybe one of them will catch your eye as well. See if your local library has them on their shelves!)

2 comments:

Carla said...

Isn't that the truth. We can't read every book we see but it's fun to see them. Right now I have a collection in the closet and list that I've collected off your site that want to read. Will I complete the closet or your list before I die.... highly doubtful but I can't help myself. LOL

Luanne said...

Carla I'm so glad you're enjoying the Over the Counter feature!