Thursday, August 1, 2013

Over the Counter #174

What book caught my eye this week? Well, despite my best attempts to stay on top of the weeds in my front flower beds and vegetable garden, I have to say - the weeds seem to be winning....

But AHA! - here is the answer from Janit Calvo and her book - Gardening in Miniature. Even I could keep up with this size of garden! (And I really like that tiny Adirondack chair).

From Timber Press:

"Get ready to journey into the huge world of growing small!

The next garden trend combines the joy of gardening with the magic of miniatures. Gardening in Miniature is a complete guide to creating lush, living, small-scale gardens. It has everything you need to pick up this new hobby, including scaled down garden designs, techniques for creating tiny hardscapes, miniature garden care and maintenance, tips on choosing containers, how to buy the right plants, and where to find life-like accessories. Inspiring step-by-step projects feature basic skills that can be recreated in any number of designs, like a tiny patio, a trellis, a pond, and a secret garden.

Whether you want to build a miniature empire in your garden bed or design a private garden with a pebble patio for an indoor centerpiece, Gardening in Miniature is the primer for creating your own tiny, living world."

And Timber Press is running a contest to win a mini garden kit and the book. Enter here. (Ends Aug 2/13)

(Over the Counter is a regular feature at A Bookworm's World. I've sadly come to the realization that I cannot physically read every book that catches my interest as it crosses over my counter at the library. But...I can mention them and maybe one of them will catchy your eye as well. See if your local library has them on their shelves!)

No comments: