Saturday, January 24, 2015

You Can't Judge A Book By Its Cover #40

- You can't judge a book by its cover - which is very true. 
 But you can like one cover version better than another...

US/Canadian cover
UK cover
Here's a thriller I've just finished (review next week, but darn it's really good!) The Killer Next Door by Alex Marwood. The US/Canadian cover is on the left and the UK cover on the right. So, both covers let you know that there's a house involved, but I'm going with the UK cover this week. That partially opened door is quite ominous and captures the story. The tag line is good too. Is The Killer Next Door a book you've read? Which cover do you prefer? 
 You Can't Judge A Book By Its Cover is a regular Saturday feature on
 A Bookworm's World.

4 comments:

Kay said...

I agree. I like the pop of red on the UK cover. I've got this book on my shelf to read soon. Really liked her previous book, WICKED GIRLS. Look forward to your review.

bermudaonion said...

I like the tag line on the UK cover as well.

Anonymous said...

I'm usually in agreement but this time I prefer the Cdn cover. I do find the open door & quote from Val McDermid very enticing but I think that the U.K. cover has more of an American feel while the night sky & row houses place the story firmly in the UK.
Also, i wish that the Cdn edition had kept the quote by Val McD on the cover, as Stephen King is more of a horror writer.
Icewineanne :-)

violet said...

I like the US cover better because if I don't know what the book is about, the first cover attracts me instantly. On the other hand, the open door on the UK cover is visible only at the second look. I won't give a second look to covers that don't attract me in the first place. Besides the typography is too commonplace. Just my humble opinion.