Friday, February 24, 2023

J.T. Ellison - It's One of Us

 It's One of Us is J.T. Ellison's latest suspense novel.

Oh, the premise of this one is downright devious!  

Olivia Bender and her husband Park seem to have it all. But the one thing they both want, is to have a child of their own. However, when the police come knocking on their door, things will never be the same for this couple. DNA that matches Park's points to his son being the perpetrator. But he doesn't have any children - or does he? And that's just the opener. Ellison takes her plot down paths you won't see coming!

I really liked how Ellison presented One of Us. Almost every character is given a point of view and a voice. As the reader, we're the only ones who have all of that information in one place. Also running parallel to the search for the crime culprit is a dissection of a marriage in crisis mode. The cracks are widening with every disclosure. 

Ellison's writing makes for addictive reading. With the rotation of points of view, I can't wait to get back to one thread and another and another! And without providing spoilers, Ellison's plot premise is more than possible. Current technology of a certain type has opened the door for professional and amateur sleuthing. (I know I'm being quite obtuse but I don't want to ruin this read for you!)

I quite enjoyed this latest from Ellison. See for yourself - read an excerpt of It's One of Us

2 comments:

Kay said...

I want to read this one and I'm fairly certain that I know what you are hinting at. I've liked a lot of books by J.T. Ellison and always look forward to seeing what she's going to write about next.
'

Luanne said...

Hi Kay - yes, I do bet you know what I'm not spelling out! But I hate spoilers, so I really try not spill the beans! Ellison can be counted on to provide a good read!