Friday, October 6, 2017

You Can't Judge A Book By Its Cover # 179

- You can't judge a book by its cover - which is very true.
 But you can like one cover version better than another....

US cover
UK cover
John Grisham's newest book, The Rooster Bar releases in late October on both sides of the pond. This is the second book for Grisham this year, following Camino Island. I listened to Camino Island, but must admit to being underwhelmed by it. This latest features a scam as well, but this time with law students. So, the US cover is on the left and the UK cover is on the right. The first think I noticed was a dark image vs. a lighter image. The US cover hints at a nightlife or bar atmosphere. I'm not sure what the bridge image on the UK cover is meant to convey? The tagline does help. The type is all caps on the US cover, while the UK goes with upper and lower case. This week, I must admit that I find both images kind of meh. But if pressed, I would go with the US cover, simply because it seems a little more 'alive'. Which cover do you prefer? Any plans to read The Rooster Bar?
 You Can't Judge A Book By Its Cover is a regular feature at A Bookworm's World.

2 comments:

bermudaonion said...

I agree that neither cover is great but I like the colors on the US cover.

Anonymous said...

Oddly I prefer the UK cover. Even though the bridge appears to have nothing to do with the title, I like it. The US cover with its artificial world depicted, doesn't excite. I haven't read 'Camino' yet, so I'm not familiar with his non-courtroom dramas. It's on my list, as is this new one :-)

Icewineanne
lakebotany@icloud.com