Thursday, February 9, 2012

Over the Counter #96

What caught my eye this week passing over my library counter and under my scanner? Crafting with Cat Hair by Amy Hirschman and Kaori Tsutaya. Seriously, wouldn't a title like that catch your eye?

From the publisher Quirk Books:

"Are your favorite sweaters covered with cat hair? Are there fur balls piled up in every corner of your home? Do you love to make quirky and one-of-a-kind crafting projects? If so, it's time to throw away your lint roller and curl up with your kitty! Crafting with Cat Hair shows readers how to transform stray clumps of fur into soft and adorable handicrafts. From kitty tote bags and finger puppets to fluffy cat toys, picture frames, and more, these projects are cat-friendly, eco-friendly, and require no special equipment or training. You can make most of these projects in under an hour-with a little help, of course, from your feline friends!

Kaori Tsutaya is a Japanese writer obsessed with cats. She exhibits her craftwork and runs kitty craft workshops to inspire other cat owners. Amy Hirschman is a translator and pop culture enthusiast living in California. She studied Japanese at the University of Pittsburgh and lived in Japan in 2002. She loves all things cute, quirky and creative. Amy is not a cat owner herself, but her friends will attest she is the greatest cat-sitter they have ever had." Peek inside.

(Over the Counter is a regular feature at A Bookworm's World. I've sadly come the realization that I cannot physically read every book that catches my interest as it crosses over my counter at the library. But... I can mention them and maybe one of them will catch your eye as well. See if your local library has them on their shelves!)

1 comment:

Luanne said...

I know eh? I am boggled by some of the books I find!