Sunday, February 12, 2012

Blogger Love Fest - Random House of Canada

A few weeks ago I received an invite to Random House of Canada's Blogger Love Fest. Although I can be a bit of a homebody, there was no way I wanted to miss this!  I was thrilled - what a great chance to finally meet Lindsey and Cassandra from Random and some other bloggers from Ontario!
What I didn't know was the amazing surprises Lindsey had lined up....


....I rode up in the elevator with -

- are you ready -

author of The Birth House and The Virgin Cure!!







And that wasn't all -

- I also got to meet
author of






author of The Paris Wife!










Each of the authors was so approachable and expressed their appreciation of book bloggers.I enjoyed meeting so many other 'faces behind the blogs' and yes, this is a rare glimpse of Luanne, out from behind her avatar! Thanks again to Lindsey and Cass for a great afternoon! (And for the swag bag!)

11 comments:

bermudaonion said...

Holy cow, what a fun event! I would have peeked out!

Susan Gourley/Kelley said...

That sounds like so much fun. I wish they would do something like that near me.

ChristasBooks said...

I didn't know you were at this event! I totally would have said hi. Hopefully we'll meet at a future event!

Luanne said...

Kathy - it was soooo fun!

Susan - I've always been jealous when I've read about other get togethers (BEA etc) So it was nice to go to one.

Christa! - Where were you sitting? It was kind of chaotic - I didn't get a chance to meet everyone...

cindysloveofbooks said...

OMG I am so jealous, hehe wish I lived in TO. Soundsl ike you had fun and its great to finaly see pics

Angie said...

What an awesome day for you! So glad you went!

Gwenyth Love said...

It was great meeting you and chatting in line with you on Saturday! Hope we can do it again soon.

ChristasBooks said...

I was sitting near the top of the table, near the slide show. All of us Blog Squad girls were sort of sitting together.
*Fingers crossed* for future events we'll both be at.

Luanne said...

Hey Cindy - yes I have shed my cloak of invisiblity at last....

Christa - I hope there's another one and we'll definitely say hi!

Angie - it was great!

Gwenny - thanks it was great to meet you too!

Just Mom said...

How cool is that?! Good for you!

Luanne said...

Just Momn - SOOOO cool!!