Thursday, February 2, 2012

Over the Counter #95

Our weather has been so odd this winter. We've alternated between rain and snow storms. Hot Toddies by Louise Pickford caught my eye on a cold day this week as it passed over my library counter and under my scanner.

From the publisher Ryland, Peters & Small:

"What could be more welcome on a cold wintry day than a hot drink with a kick. Whether you prefer a whisky-based toddy, aromatic mulled wine, coffee laced with a little brandy or a spiced tea, you'll find a tempting array of tasty and warming treats for every winter occasion in this collection of delicious recipes. Warming Toddies & Cocktails to try include Hot Tea Toddy; Hot Buttered Rum; and Blue Blazer. Mulls & Punches are perfect when entertaining a crowd – recipes include Orange Mulled Wine; Swedish Glogg; and Hot Rum and Cider Punch. Nogs & Creamy Drinks make an indulgent treat – choose from Egg Nog Latte; Honey Rum Baba; and Spiced Rum Chocolate. Tipsy Coffees include the classic Irish Coffee; Mocha Maple Coffee; and Caribbean Caf. Finally, Non-alcoholic Warmers are perfect for drivers or when just relaxing at home – try an exotic Saffron Milk; Pumpkin Latte; or Indian Chai Masala.

(Over the Counter is a regular feature at A Bookworm's World. I've sadly come the realization that I cannot physically read every book that catches my interest as it crosses over my counter at the library. But... I can mention them and maybe one of them will catch your eye as well. See if your local library has them on their shelves!)

1 comment:

bermudaonion said...

It looks like a pretty book, but I don't think it's for me.