Thursday, May 9, 2024

I Will Ruin You - Linwood Barclay

I am always excited when I see that Linwood Barclay is releasing a new title! It's here - I Will Ruin You. Turn the first few pages -  I guarantee you won't be able to stop  reading!

Richard Boyle is a teacher who finds himself front and center on the news, after a very serious incident on the school grounds. He's a hero to many, but there are others with a different opinion...

This is one of the reasons I love Barclay's suspense. An ordinary guy dropped into a crazy, unbelievable situation. He can handle what's going on - right? Well you know what's going to happen don't you? He can't control it - and things start to spin out of control. There's a wealth of twists and turns that I hadn't couldn't have expected or predicted. I love being surprised by an author. And Barclay does with every book.

Making things even better is the cast of supporting players - some good, some bad, but all with a hand in the action. Most of those players have a voice with their own take on things.

Another great suspense tale from Barclay - I can see this one as a show series! See for yourself - read an excerpt of I Will Ruin You.

4 comments:

Mystica said...

New author for me. Thanks for the review.

Luanne said...

That's great Mystica - he has lots of books to choose from - I've read them all!

Ethan said...

Linwood Barclay never disappoints, does he? "I Will Ruin You" sounds like another gripping thriller from him!

Luanne said...

No, he never does. Neither does Harlan Coben - I'm just reading his latest, Think Twice, and loving it!