Monday, July 10, 2023

With A Kiss We Die - L.R. Dorn

With A Kiss We Die is L.R. Dorn's new novel. 

L.R. Dorn is the pseudonym for two award winning film and television writers. That skill set bring much to the writing of With A Kiss We Die.

The novel is told in an epistolary style, which is one of my absolute favorites. The entire book is told as a podcast! It totally rang true and I felt like I was reading the transcript of an actual case.

And it is about a case - the viscous murder of the parents of college student Jordan. The police seem to be leaning towards him and his girlfriend Victoria as the lead suspects. In an unexpected development, the pair make a preemptive move, calling on The Raines Report podcast to tell their story on air.

Dorn keeps the reader guessing right down to the last pages. Ryanna Raines spends a lot of time with them and slowly but surely the pair provide details that seem to prove their innocence. But are they telling the truth? I'll that answer for you to discover. (And there's a nice gotcha waiting for you in the last few pages.) 

It's just so well plotted! I couldn't put the book down. See for yourself - read an excerpt of With A Kiss We Die. (And I bet the audio version would be just as good. I see that a full cast was used.) 

Gentle readers there are some triggers in this tale. 

2 comments:

Ethan said...

I really enjoyed their debut novel, so I'm eager to give this one a read. I think you're correct that the audio version may be the best route.

Luanne said...

I hope you enjoy it as much as I did Ethan.