Wednesday, July 12, 2023

The Summer Skies - Jenny Colgan

I've read most of Jenny Colgan's books and I always pick up the latest, knowing I'm in for a feel good read. The Summer Skies is newly released. 

The Summer Skies is a stand alone, introducing us to a new set of characters to enjoy and more wee villages on a set of islands off the coast of  Northern Scotland. I always want to live in the villages Colgan creates. And I'd be quite happy to call the characters friends. (I have to say that Barbara the chicken is one of my favourite supporting charterers!)

Our lead character in The Summer Skies is Morag MacIntyre, the third generation of her family to be a pilot. Her grandfather pilots the small island plane that delivers the mail, tourists, medicine, supplies and pretty much anything! Morag learned to fly on 'Dolly' but has moved to the city and onto bigger planes. Two recent incidents though, have her questioning her choices - in love and in the air.

Tales from Colgan always give us a plucky lead, a love life that doesn't quite work out, decisions to be made, some laugh out moments, a wonderful supporting, tightknit family, some 'aha' moments that will have you thinking 'what if'... and so much more. Oh, and lots of flying stuff. 

The Summer Skies was another wonderful for me. Heartwarming and heart tugging See for yourself - read an excerpt of The Summer Skies.

(And for fans of all of the wee villages Colgan has created - see if can catch the Mure reference.)

No comments: