Tuesday, March 19, 2024

Cape Rage - Ron Corbett

Cape Rage is Ron Corbett's just released, second book that features Danny Barrett.

Barrett is an undercover FBI agent that's been called on to infiltrate a crime family. They make their home on a treacherous island with only one way off... 
   
Danny is a great lead character. I expected he would prove to be canny and whip smart - and he was. As readers we are privy to his inner dialogue. I can't even imagine the inner tension of pretending to being someone else. Especially when the head of the crime family is trigger happy. The chapters where I thought he was going to be outed as a cop had me sitting on the edge of my chair. The crime family is a ruthless bunch. I'll let you meet them for yourself. There's another man on his way back to Cape Rage - along with a girl with no name.

Now, there's danger and lot of suspense in this tale. But...there are also some great descriptions of the land and the setting. The relationship between the man and the girl was unusual and I read over their bits more than once. 

The plot is inventive and ended with some unexpected twists that I didn't see coming. I have to admit to feeling a bit of rage myself with one of those twists. But it fits.

This is my first read of Corbett's - and it won't be the last. See for yourself - read an excerpt of Cape Rage.

No comments: