Wednesday, June 21, 2023

Zero Days - Ruth Ware

I've been eagerly awaiting Ruth Ware's latest book, Zero Days. I've enjoyed every book she's written, including this one.

This latest is another edge of your seat read! Ware plays with the reader's perceptions in the first chapter. I was quite certain I knew what was going to happen. And, nope - I was (happily) wrong.

Jack is our protagonist. I quite liked her, her thinking and her tenacity. She's been accused of an unthinkable crime and is determined to clear her name, and find the actual perpetrator. So, she goes rogue and her unusual skill set is put into play. I was fascinated by this bit - how she gets in and out of places, procures information, convinces people to believe in a bit of chicanery. I wondered how much of this part is true? And because I was enjoying the book so much, I decided to just go with it.

Almost every chapter ends with a cliffhanger, there's twists and the suspense just doesn't let up. (Love it!) Which makes for some addictive page turning! I had guessed the whodunit before the final reveal, but it's the journey there that so much fun to read. See for yourself - read an excerpt of Zero Days.

I can see Zero Days as a movie and indeed, it will be one! Universal International Studios has acquired the rights. 

4 comments:

Kay said...

So good to hear your thoughts on Zero Days! It's on my Kindle and I'll be reading it soon!

Luanne said...

I'll be watching for your thoughts Kay!

Ethan said...

I tried to read The Lying Game years ago, but it was just too meandering for my tastes. I haven't tried to read anything by Ware since. This, on the other hand, sounds really suspenseful and tightly plotted. It may be time for me to give her writing another go!

Luanne said...

Not every book is for everybody is it?