Tuesday, November 8, 2022

Secluded Cabin Sleeps Six - Lisa Unger

Okay, so I've been a fan of Lisa Unger's writing for many years. But I think her latest novel - Secluded Cabin Sleeps Six - is hands down my favorite. Honesty, I stayed up soooo late to finish it.

What had me burning the night oil you ask? Well, the plotting is crazy (and I mean crazy) good! Three couples are headed off to a 'get away from it all' weekend. Where? As the title says - to a secluded, luxury cabin. And that descriptor (secluded), immediately brought to mind a locked room mystery. You just know it - things aren't going to play out the way they've all imagined. Why? Well, there are undercurrents running through every relationship of the six. The husbands, wives, boyfriend, girlfriend and friends - each and every one is harboring a secret, some darker than others. Who else is suspicious? Well, the owner of the cabin for one. And there are other narratives from unknown, but named characters.  Who are they? What is their connection to those in the cabin. Whoa! You're going to be surprised when the pieces click together. And there's one piece that I don't want to spoil. But I'm sure a lot of us will wonder if our own choice was wise....

Now, yes you might have to suspend disbelief at a few twists, but just go with it. Secluded Cabin Sleeps Six was a page-turner for me. Great escapist reading. See for yourself - read an excerpt of Secluded Cabin Sleeps Six. 

(Gentle readers - there are definitely some triggers in this book. 


2 comments:

Amy said...

I've been binge reading Lisa Unger lately (just finished the last "Hollows" book yesterday) and can't wait to get this one - should arrive soon!

Thanks for the review, now I really can't wait to read it!

Luanne said...

Hi Amy - I discovered her years ago and her writing and style just gets better and better! I hope you enjoy this latest entry!