Friday, September 14, 2018

You Can't Judge A Book By Its Cover #228

- You can't judge a book by its cover - which is very true. 
But you can like one cover version better than another....

UK cover
US cover
I've enjoyed Diane Setterfield's previous books and was excited to learn that has a new book called Once Upon a River coming out this winter on both sides of the pond. The US cover is on the left and the UK cover is on the right. So, two very similar looks this week. A river in the UK cover, complete with water plants and a black background. Also a black background in the US cover, but the river image is actually a swan's neck. And the plants are more suited to land. Having read the synopsis, it sounds like a magical read. I am hard pressed to choose a favourite this week, but if pressed will choose the UK cover. What about you? Which cover do you prefer? Any plans to read Once Upon a River?
You Can't Judge A Book By Its Cover is a regular feature at A Bookworm's World.

4 comments:

bermudaonion said...

I think I like the UK cover, too - it just pops more.

Icewineanne said...

UK wins it for me!

Kay said...

Haven't read the synopsis, but does a swan appear? If so, I'd probably go with the US cover. If not, I liked the UK. I'm on the fence, can you tell? I have liked other books by the author as well.

Luanne said...

I think UK takes it this week. Kay, I'm not sure if a swan makes an appearance or not - not referenced in the synopsis.