Friday, November 25, 2016

You Can't Judge A Book By Its Cover # 133

- You can't judge a book by its cover - which is very true. 
 But you can like one cover version better than another....

US cover
UK cover
Peter Swanson's books are absolutely fantastic. I am eagerly awaiting the release of his newest, Her Every Fear, in January '17. The US cover is on the left and the UK cover is on the right. The premise sounds great - a young woman borrows her cousin's apartment. And then a young woman in a neighbouring apt. is found murdered. " An electrifying and downright Hitchcockian psychological thriller." I'm sold. So, on to the covers. The UK cover is darker and gives us the idea that something has been seen through a window. And we have a woman peeking out. Afraid I would assume. The US has a lighter feel, with more 'apartments' represented. The open curtains also give the idea that something has been seen. But in this case, its a man at the window, partially hidden. Hmm, I'm going to go with the US cover this week. What about you? Which cover do you prefer? Any plans to read Her Every Fear? You Can't Judge A Book By Its Cover is a regular feature at A Bookworm's World. 

2 comments:

bermudaonion said...

I'm not crazy about either cover but I'm dying to read this book!

Jennifer Tar Heel Reader said...

I think the US cover is more eye catching for me, and yes, I can't wait to read this book after reading his last one!