Friday, November 4, 2016

You Can't Judge A Book By Its Cover #130

- You can't judge a book by its cover - which is very true.
 But you can like one cover version better than another....

US cover
UK cover
Darcey Bell's debut novel A Simple Favor is garnering lots of press already. It releases next year, but is already on my must read list. Movie rights have already been bought by Fox. The US cover is on the leftand the UK cover is on the right. So - first obvious difference is the spelling of favor - or favour. The broken glass on the US cover hints at something not quite right. As does the red underlining. The UK cover isn't quite so obvious, but has an ominous sky. The tag line grabs your interest immediately. This week I'm going to go with the UK cover - I don't mind 'far-away' shots of people, but I'm still very tired of facial shots of women in peril (on the US cover) Which cover do you prefer? Any plans to read A Simple Favor? You Can't Judge A Book By Its Cover is a regular feature at A Bookworm's World. 

2 comments:

bermudaonion said...

I'm not crazy about either cover.

lissa said...

not a fan of woman in peril covers either but somehow both covers are rather plain though I have no idea what the book is about but I assumed is some sort of mystery, so perhaps these works, if I have to choose, the uk cover then.

have a lovely day.