Saturday, September 26, 2015

You Can't Judge A Book By Its Cover #72

- You can't judge a book by its cover - which is very true.
But you can like one cover version better than another.....

US cover
UK cover
I love Brandon Stanton's Humans of New York and check it out everyday on Facebook. I'm really looking forward to Humans of New York: Stories coming out in October of this year.The US cover is on the left and the UK cover is on the right. I'm going with the US cover this week, hands down. I find it interesting that different portraits were chosen for each version. And I get that the words are the focus, but I don't like the faces covered up on the UK cover. Do you plan to read Humans of New York: Stories? Which cover do you prefer? You Can't Judge A Book By Its Cover is a regular Saturday feature at A Bookworm's World.

2 comments:

Jennifer Tar Heel Reader said...

I feel the same as you (again :)). The UK cover is too busy with the words over their faces. I love reading the stories on Facebook, too, so I wonder if I would be interested in the book.

Lindsay said...

I like the U.S. cover better too. It IS interesting that there are different photos on the front of the two editions; I wonder why they decided to do that. I enjoy looking at the Humans of New York Instagram... I'll have to check out the book!