Saturday, October 4, 2014

You Can't Judge a Book By Its Cover #24

- You can't judge a book by its cover - which is very true.
But you can like one cover version better than another...
 
US/Canadian cover
UK cover
I was hunting down cover art for my review of the new Hercule Poirot mystery, The Monogram Murders, written by Sophie Hannah and came across the US/Canadian cover on the left and the UK cover on the right. This week,  I'm going to go with the UK cover. It has more of a period feel to it - closer to time frame of Agatha Christie's novels. And I like the silhouette of Poirot. However, I'm sure that cover blurb by Gillian Flynn on the NA cover will catch people's interest. Either way, it's a really good read. Which cover do you prefer? Have you read, or do you plan to read The Monogram Murders?

You Can't Judge A Book By Its Cover is a regular Saturday feature on A Bookworm's World. 

1 comment:

Trisha said...

Just happened upon your blog, saw this post, and went "what?!? there are new Hercule Poirot mysteries?!?" I loved Christie's Poirot so much when I was in high school. I'll have to check this out!