Thursday, July 26, 2012

Over the Counter #120

What book caught my eye this week passing over the library counter and under my scanner? How to Watch the Olympics (the Essential Guide to the Rules, Statistics, Heroes and Zeroes of Every Sport) by David Goldblatt and Johnny Acton of course! I will be glued to my televison for the next two weeks - how about you?

From the publisher Penguin Books:

"The must-have guide to the 2012 Summer Olympic Games
Next summer, millions of Americans will tune into the Olympic Games, the largest and most popular sporting event in the world. Yet while it's easy to be fascinated by agile gymnasts, poised equestrians, and perfectly synchronized swimmers, few of us know the real width of a balance beam, the intricate regulations of dressage, or the origin of those crowd-pleasing legs-in-the-air swimming formations. Luckily, David Goldblatt and Johnny Acton have created this utterly thorough and always fun guide to the rules, strategy, and history of each sport. With witty, detailed descriptions and clever illustrations, How to Watch the Olympics will help anyone grasp handball, archery, wrestling, fencing, and every other Olympic event like a true pro."

(Over the Counter is a regular feature at A Bookworm's World. I've sadly come the realization that I cannot physically read every book that catches my interest as it crosses over my counter at the library. But... I can mention them and maybe one of them will catch your eye as well. See if your local library has them on their shelves!)

1 comment:

bermudaonion said...

I'll have to tell my mom about that book - she loves the Olympics.