Thursday, July 12, 2012

Over the Counter #118

What book caught my eye this week as it passed over my library counter and under the scanner? Making Mini Books byKathleen McCafferty. Have you seen those necklaces with a little mini book? Too cute and the instructions were in this book!

From the publisher Lark Crafts:

"Everyone loves handmade books--and these adorable mini volumes are generally easier to craft than their larger counterparts! Some even require only folding and stapling. This charming collection includes beautiful leather-clad journals, block print notepads, accordion-fold mini-zines, and others that feature interior pockets, unique closures, colorful stitching, and eye-catching bindings. An invaluable illustrated stitch guide provides the essential info for every binding.

Kathleen McCafferty is an editor for Lark Books and edited the bestselling Making Handmade Books by Alisa Golden. She lives in Asheville, North Carolina. "

(Over the Counter is a regular feature at A Bookworm's World. I've sadly come the realization that I cannot physically read every book that catches my interest as it crosses over my counter at the library. But... I can mention them and maybe one of them will catch your eye as well. See if your local library has them on their shelves!)

1 comment:

bermudaonion said...

I'd make books if they'd turn out like that.