Well, although it's the third time, it's a first for me. I've decided to participate in the Canadian Book Challenge hosted by John of The Book Mine Set.
The rules are pretty simple:
Starting July 1st, 2009 and ending July 1st, 2010,from Canada Day to Canada Day, read and review at least 13 Canadian books.
Now you don't have to be a Canadian to participate. As John says " I challenge Canadians and non-Canadians to read 13 or more Canadian books. Pick fiction, pick nonfiction, pick poetry, graphic novels, picture books, plays, etc-- if it's Canadian and if it's a book, it's in."
John is looking to read a book from every provice (hence the 13). Others are theming their reads. I think I'll just read whatever grabs my attention. Although I am waiting for that new Lori Lansens...
1. The Price of Love and Other Stories - Peter Robinson
2. Fear the Worst - Linwood Barclay
3. The Wife's Tale - Lori Lansens
4. Galore - Michael Crummey
5. It Can Happen to You - Lynn Crymble
6. Waiting for Columbus - Thomas Trofimuk
7. Trauma Farm - Brian Brett
8. The Taken - Inger Ash Wolfe
9. Red Snow - Michael Slade
10. 24 Hours - London - Marsha Moore
11. Yellowknife - Steve Zipp
12. Spin - Catherine McKenzie
13. Deloume Road - Matthew Hooten
14. The Sea Captain's Wife - Beth Powning
15. Motorcycles & Sweetgrass - Drew Hayden Taylor
16.The Weed That Strings the Hangman's Bag
17. The Last River Child - Lori Ann Bloomfield
18. Never Look Away - Linwood Barclay
19. The One-Week Job Project - Sean Aiken
20. Bitten - Kelley Armstrong
21. Cool Water - Dianne Warren
22. Doing Dangerously Well - Carol Enahoro
23. The Penguin Book of Crime Stories - Peter Robinson
24. The Kitchen House - Kathleen Grissom