Friday, March 23, 2018

You Can't Judge A Book By Its Cover #203

You can't judge a book by its cover - which is very true.
But you can like one cover version better than another.

US cover
UK cover
"In this riveting tale of psychological suspense, a divorce lawyer risks her career, her sanity, and her life when she falls into an illicit, all-consuming affair with her client—who becomes the primary suspect in his estranged wife’s sudden disappearance." That's the premise of JL Butler's forthcoming novel, Mine. The US cover is on the left and the UK cover is on the right. Okay, so black is the dominant colour with red in the title of both covers. A woman's silhouette appears on both as well. The overall tone indicates danger. But, I have to say, I am very tired of the 'woman on the cover' shots. So an easy choice for me this week - UK. The window shot is a bit cheesy, but I really like the sky and trees above the building. What about you? any plans to read Mine? Which cover do you prefer this week?
You Can't Judge A Book By Its Cover is a regular feature at A Bookworm's World.

7 comments:

bermudaonion said...

I'm tired of the woman on the cover too. I'm not crazy about the UK cover but do like it better.

Icewineanne said...

UK wins it for me! I really like the picture of the building, sky & trees. The N.A. cover is so cheesy, totally ripping off the artwork of past Jane Eyre covers (for this alone I refuse to spend a penny on this book).
I’ll have to read the reviews on this one before i even put in a request at the library as I’ve grown tired of obsessed characters in destructive relationships.

Kay said...

I noticed this one recently. Jury is still out over whether I'll read it. And I'll chime in with my vote for the UK cover. That US one or ones like it have been over-used. :-)

Luanne said...

Well, UK in a landslide this week!

Mystica said...

Not gone on either but I like the story.

Dianna said...

Loving the UK cover. I always enjoy a good creepy house!

Luanne said...

One more for the UK with Dianna's choice. Mystica is calling it a draw. We'll have to compare notes Mystica - I plan on reading it.