Thursday, March 1, 2018

You Can't Judge A Book By Its Cover # 200

- You can't judge a book by its cover - which is very true.
But you can like one cover version better than another.

US cover
UK cover
I love Anthony Horowitz's writing - his plotting is deliciously intricate. The Word is Murder is his latest - already released in the UK and coming to NA in June of this year. The US cover is on the left and the UK cover is on the right. So, the colour scheme is the same on both covers - white, red and black. But the emphasis in on the black with the US cover. A knife and a pen captures the title quite succinctly. But I like the British phone box images on the UK cover - especially the dripping bloody one on the word murder. The UK cover seems to have a 'retro' feel to it. I'm torn this week - the US definitely catches the reader's eye, but I truly enjoy UK mysteries and the UK cover also catches my eye. If pressed to choose, I will go with the US cover. What about you? Which cover do you prefer? Any plans to read The Word is Murder?
You Can't Judge A Book By Its Cover is a regular feature at A Bookworm's World.

3 comments:

bermudaonion said...

The UK cover is a little busy for me so I prefer the US cover.

Kay said...

I am planning on reading this book. Have heard some interesting things about it already. As to the covers, well, I like both of them. However, if I had to choose, I'd pick the US cover because I like the black.

Luanne said...

Close this week, but it looks like US is the winner.