Friday, March 16, 2018

You Can't Judge A Book By Its Cover #202

 You can't judge a book by its cover - which is very true.
But you can like one cover version better than another.

US cover
UK cover
Squeee! Linwood Barclay has a new book coming out in July called A Noise Downstairs! Perfectly creepy without even knowing what the plot is@The US cover is on the left and the UK cover is on the right. Okay, lets get to it. Black on both covers, white title and a difference with the author's name in size and colour. Now when I first looked at the US cover, I thought the image was of blinds with a bit of light seeping through. But on looking at the UK cover, I can see typewriter keys - with a wee bit of blood on one of them. Both covers feature tag lines that entice the reader, but I think the US line appeals to me more. Another hard call this week. I like the colours of the US cover better, as well as the tagline. But I like the image of the UK cover better. A tough choice, but I'm going to go with US this week. No matter the cover, it's going to be a great read!
You Can't Judge A Book By Its Cover is a regular feature at A Bookworm's World.

4 comments:

bermudaonion said...

I'm not crazy about either of them but think I prefer the US cover.

Icewineanne said...

UK wins it for me ;)
I like that you can can actually see typewriter keys (not sure what the blackened graphic is on the US/Cdn cover) & prefer the smaller print with authors name in teal on the UK cover.
Cheers, have a great weekend!

Kay said...

I vote for the UK cover too. I like the typewriter keys. And how many of us remember those keys? Ha! The book sounds good. Is this part of the Promise Falls books? I haven't read any of them yet, but have loved others by Barclay.

Luanne said...

Split decision - two for UK and two for US this week. Kay, it's a stand alone and not part of the Promise Falls books.