Friday, September 30, 2016

You Can't Judge A Book By Its Cover #125

- You can't judge a book by its cover - which is very true.
 But you can like one cover version better than another....

US cover
UK cover
Federico Axat's novel Kill the Next One releases soon in North America. Rights have been sold to 33 international publisher and movie rights have been optioned already! The US cover is on the left and the UK cover is on the right. An easy decision for me this week - I'm going with the UK cover. It's bold, it's in your face and the colours leap out. The tag line 'The Perfect Thriller' would also have me picking it up. The US cover is bland and washed out. The maze idea is okay, but the X across the eye is meh. It also refers to the book as a 'novel' vs. the UK's 'thriller.' So, I guess I'll have to read it to see. Which cover do you prefer this week?
You Can't Judge A Book By Its Cover is a regular feature at A Bookworm's World. 

1 comment:

bermudaonion said...

It's the UK cover for me too.