Friday, September 23, 2016

You Can't Judge A Book By Its Cover #124

- You can't judge a book by its cover - which is very true.
 But you can like one cover version better than another....

US cover
UK cover.
I am a faithful fan of Lee Child's Jack Reacher novels. (Although I am still having a hard time with Tom Cruise portraying him in the movies) The 23rd book in the series, Night School releases in November on both sides of the pond. The US cover is on the left and the UK cover is on the right. The US cover certainly catches your eye with the bright colours. The UK version uses more of an actual scene, which is in keeping with their previous covers shots. In previous cover it's just been a shot of one man. It's interesting that there are a man and a woman on this cover. Hmm, what's up Jack? I am torn this week. In the end I guess I'll go with the US cover simply because its so bright. What about you - any plans to read Night School? Which cover do you prefer? You Can't Judge A Book By Its Cover is a regular feature at A Bookworm's World. 

2 comments:

Icewineanne said...

I enjoy covers with drawings & artwork so the UK covers wins. Believe it or not i have never read any of this series. I have a new copy the very 1st book in this series but somehow never got around to reading it. I'm not much of a thriller fan, so i guess that's why.
Ahhh.......so many books....... :)

Jennifer C said...

The U.K. Cover has more interest for me, so I'll pick that one this week. This US kind of reminds me of a Stephanie Plum cover (nothing wrong with that, but it does).