Friday, September 9, 2016

You Can't Judge A Book By Its Cover #122

- You can't judge a book by its cover - which is very true. 
 But you can like one cover version better than another....

US cover
UK cover
The Twenty-Three is the third book in Linwood Barclay's Promise Falls trilogy. I've really enjoyed the first two and can't wait for the pieces to all fall into place in this last book! The US cover is on the left and the UK cover is on the right. I'm going to go with the US cover this week. The style matches what has been used in the first two books. I like the main street hidden in the liquid (hmm, can't be blood as its orange...). The UK cover is starker and only showcases one man - the plot is much bigger than that. Although it looks ominous, I find the colours and the font don't really appeal to me. What cover do you prefer? Have you read the first two books? Planning to read The Twenty Three? You Can't Judge A Book By Its Cover is a regular feature at A Bookworm's World.

4 comments:

bermudaonion said...

Can I vote for neither one?

Kay said...

I like the US cover and I've been waiting until the whole story is published before reading. Soon, soon! LOL

Jennifer Tar Heel Reader said...

The US cover immediately grabs attention and is different from the norm, so that's my choice. The U.K. Is too nondescript.

VictoriaS said...

The US is too busy, the UK too stark. I'd like something in the middle please, said Goldilocks.