Friday, April 29, 2016

You Can't Judge A Book By Its Cover #103

- You can't judge a book by its cover - which is very true.
But you can like one cover version better than another....

US cover
UK cover
Laura Lippman is an author I read regularly - I'm looking forward to picking up her latest, a stand alone titled Wilde Lake. The US cover is on the left and the UK cover is on the right. Easy choice for me this week - I'm going with the US cover. I am drawn to the eerie setting and the isolated house. The letters on the UK make me think of college and a letter jacket. It wouldn't entice me to pick it up at all. So, any plans to read Wilde Lake? Which cover do you prefer this week?
You Can't Judge A Book By Its Cover is a regular feature at A Bookworm's World.

2 comments:

bermudaonion said...

I agree with you!

Icewineanne said...

US cover for sure. The UK cover looks like the front of a football sweater :-)