Thursday, April 14, 2011

Over the Counter # 50

The latest book to catch my eye as it passed over my library counter and under my scanner was 1000 Ideas for Creative Reuse by Garth Johnson. There were some really clever ideas in this one - some a little far fetched, but all very creative.

From the publisher Quarry Books:

"Artists and crafters have always been recyclers, but for many, it has not only become a thrifty choice, it has become a moral imperative. 1000 Ideas for Creative Reuse contains a cutting edge collection of the most inventive work being made with re-used, upcycled, and already existing materials. The work in this book ranges from clever and humble personal accessories to unique and important large-scale works of art, including paper art, fashion, jewelry, housewares, interiors, and installations."

(Over the Counter is a regular feature at A Bookworm's World. I've sadly come the realization that I cannot physically read every book that catches my interest as it crosses over my counter at the library. But... I can mention them and maybe one of them will catch your eye as well. See if your local library has them on their shelves!)

3 comments:

bermudaonion said...

What a great book! I've always said we should emphasize re-use along with recycling.

Alyce said...

I like this feature very much! I'm not very crafty, so when it comes to being creative (especially when it comes to decor) I can use all the help I can get.

Marie said...

That looks like an awesome book. I'm always looking at the "garbage" and saying "I bet I could use that in a craft project". My husband just shakes his head.